Saturday, March 17, 2012

Peeling Garlic Made Easy (Maybe)

I’ve had a deadline-filled week and I have a busy weekend planned. So if you are looking for an erudite post today, you won’t find it.

Here’s what I have instead – a short and very entertaining video about peeling a head of garlic in 10 seconds without getting your hands smelly. I haven’t tried it yet, so I can’t swear it works. 



My friend Joannie shared this on her blog a few weeks back. She credited Jonah, who must have found it on the Saveur Magazine site, a place I have to confess I had never visited before watching its executive food editor Todd Coleman’s performance in this clip.

I hope you like it. Please come back soon. I have a couple of posts in the works. I’m still filling in the links and details.

Have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day and a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. This would be great for James Beard's Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic! I'll give it a try, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the chicken with 40 cloves are unpeeled, though -- at least they are in my recipe. But this is super amazing! I'm going to try to market some special garlic-peeling bowls based on this technology.....!!

      Delete