Monday, May 5, 2014

Meatless Monday: A Bit of Kitchen Magic

Happy Cinco de Mayo! I had so many plans for today’s post — but the day got away.

In the waning hours of this Meatless Monday, I will offer up a Green trick I recently learned. 

I had a recipe calling for brown sugar. 

I was dismayed to find mine a rock-hard brick. 

I really didn’t want to toss it out. 

The brown sugar was still inside its original bag in my glass jar.

I turned the bag over and found hints for storage.  “…If product does become hard, pour into a medium bowl and cover with a wet kitchen towel and leave overnight. Fluff the rejuvenated sugar with a fork and return to container or pouch.”

I gave it a try.

It worked! 

If only more problems could be solved this easily.

Have a great week! See you next Monday.


On Mondays I often blog on food, food issues, or gardening in support of Meatless Monday, one of several programs developed in the Healthy Monday project, founded in 2003 in association with Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Syracuse University’s Newhouse School of Communications. Meatless Monday’s goal is “to help reduce meat consumption 15% in order to improve personal health and the health of our planet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment