Monday, November 4, 2013

Meatless Monday: Love at First Bite

Think you don’t like beets? Try my Golden Beet Salad, and I just bet it will be love at first bite.

I had roasted and marinated the beets in advance. [Read more here.] With the beets in the fridge, last Monday’s Meatless Monday dinner was a snap! A few simple steps later, and I had this beautiful dish.
  • I warmed the beets slightly in the microwave.
  • I prepared a generous portion of my favorite salad greens and put them in a bowl.
  • I diced some red onion and sprinkled it on top.
  • I added the warm beets.
  • I crumbled some goat cheese over the beets, melting the cheese slightly. [Feta works, too, but it is saltier.]
  • I drizzled a little extra balsamic vinaigrette over the salad.
  • [Normally I add some dried cranberries, but I forgot them this time.] 



There you go! Serve with some thick slices of a hearty bread, and you have a meal!

Happy Monday! 

Have a great week. Eat well. 

I often blog on food, food issues, or gardening on Monday in support of Meatless Monday, one of several programs developed in the Healthy Monday project, founded in 2003 in association with Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Syracuse University’s Newhouse School of Communications. Meatless Monday’s goal is “to help reduce meat consumption 15% in order to improve personal health and the health of our planet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment