Monday, April 12, 2010

Soup Du Jour


Years ago there was a television commercial with the punchline, “Like I always say, you have to try new things.”

That could be me talking. I’m always looking for something new.

One of my recent discoveries is Meatless Monday. (See my blog post of March 12 .)

What a great site! I made the commitment to make every Monday a Meatless Monday and submitted my original recipe for Split Pea Soup with Root Vegetables.

Today Meatless Monday is featuring my Split Pea Soup as the lunch recipe on their site.  It is posted along with the nutritional information and a nice credit and link to my blog.

Even if you’re not quite ready to make every Monday a meatless one, please give the site and my pea soup a try. This soup is easy, low in fat, and highly nutritious. All you need is a few ingredients and a little time.

Happy eating.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, Elaine! I also discovered the Meatless Monday website recently, and followed the link from the split pea soup recipe here!

    I see a lot of content here that is dear to my heart: meatless meals, nutrition, green living, Earth Day, recycling, wildlife preservation, etc. My wife and I have also been enjoying Michael Pollan's great books "In Defense of Food" and "Omnivore's Dilemma." We recently picked up "Food Rules," and I'd planned to start featuring one rule per week on my blog.

    I've just added ontheroadtogreenness to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete